- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine avocados and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the corn, beans, red pepper, onions, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over corn mixture; toss to coat. Gently fold in the avocado mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Black Bean Dip
"Another excellent recipe found in Taste of Home!! This is always a hit at any function. It is light and very fresh tasting. I rinse my black beans before adding them to the recipe. I also add a little extra lime juice and soaking time to the avocado to make sure they don't brown. I have made this recipe the night before and the avocados where still nice looking almost 20 hours later."
"This dip is wonderful, a party favorite. I just made it for the second time by request. It's so light and fresh."
"I made this dip for a function at work. I received RAVE reviews and nearly everyone asked for the recipe.I mixed it up the night before (except for the lime and avocado), so that the flavors could "marry". I added the avocado/lime the next day to keep it looking as fresh as possible.I used a roasted garlic rice vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar and omitted the cilantro, since I'm not a big fan of it.I rinsed my beans well, but after tasting, seasoning, and stirring several times the ingredients started to get more of a starchy coating on them. To keep it looking fresh you may want to add the beans and avocado last."