With black beans, avocados, corn, peppers and cilantro, this family bean dip has lots of flavor and texture. This dip came about when I was experimenting with a similar recipe one day.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine avocados and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the corn, beans, red pepper, onions, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over corn mixture; toss to coat. Gently fold in the avocado mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Black Bean Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p243
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Black Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review