- longer. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn; heat through. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar,
- baking powder, jalapeno and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon over filling;
- gently spread to cover the top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a
- toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean. Serve with salsa
- and sour cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without salsa and sour cream) equals 329 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 14 g protein.