Black Bean Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine cream and 3/4 cup black beans; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the salsa, corn, lime juice, cumin and remaining beans.
- 3. Reduce heat; stir in cream mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in avocado. Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 371 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 12g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Black Bean Corn Chowder
"The taste was pretty good, but the consistency was really odd."