- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans. Add 1 cup salsa, tortilla chips, taco seasoning and cooked quinoa; mix well. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion and remaining salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Black Bean Chip & Dip Burgers
Sort By :
"my vegan friends ate these burgers, but personally Ii found them a little too dry (i must have done something wrong) and didn't care for the taste...too commercial; would prefer something more traditional."
"I have been looking everywhere for a good Black Bean Burger recipe. These were so easy to make and even my husband, who is an avid meat-eater loved them. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Wow-everyone loved these burgers. We added guacamole as an additional condiment. Even though I baked the patties they were still kind of crumbly. Next time I will use refried black beans, melt a slice of cheese on top of each pattie, and make the pattie size smaller (I made 6 burgers instead of 8--I think there is a reason the recipe states to make 8). This recipe will be added to our all-time favorites."
"So good!! We added Monterey Jack cheese on top. Next time I'll mash my beans better - they were a little crumbly and also I think I'll make 6 burgers just to make them a bit bigger. But overall great flavor & so easy to make!"
"These were packed with flavor. I did leave out the quinoa bc I had none on hand and used Doritos in place of the baked tortilla chips. I baked them in the oven so the patties held together better."