I tried to create a healthy veggie burger that wasn't dry and crumbly or really boring. These fit the bill because even my grandkids prefer them over hamburgers. They taste like chips and dip in a burger! —KT Rehrig, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans. Add 1 cup salsa, tortilla chips, taco seasoning and cooked quinoa; mix well. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion and remaining salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Chip & Dip Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Black Bean Chip & Dip Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review