- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Mix seasoning ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
- Remove chicken from pan; cut into slices. Serve with bean mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice
Sort By :
"Easy and the right amount of flavor."
"VERY GOOD...and spicy. Lots of flavor and taste and easy to make."
"My family all enjoyed this. It's a great way to make a tasty chicken breast."
"This was good; however, very spicy."
"very spicy & flavorful"