This family favorite only requires a few ingredients, so it's easy to fix on a weeknight. —Molly Newman, Portland, Oregon
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove chicken from pan; cut into slices. Serve with bean mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Chicken with Rice in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p58
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review