- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove chicken from pan; cut into slices. Serve with bean mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice
"I made this as written except that I substituted thighs for the half-breasts (it's what I had). quick, easy and very tasty. Thanks for posting. Sour cream and cilantro would be a great addition, but very good without."
"The first time that I made this was a huge hit! Just the right amount of heat for my family. Also, I prepared 2 extra breaststroke which I froze for later."
"Very easy to make and a great flavor, I spiced it up easily for my family. A great recipe for a quick week night meal"
"Y husband and I really liked this. Easy to prepare and different from most chicken dishes I've prepared in the past."
"Tasty and easy - but lacking something. A suggestion here is sour cream that might help."
"Agree with previous reviews. Very good, healthy and easy."
"great seasoning for the chicken!! I left off the rice, but used the beans and corn. Very easy and delicious."
"Really easy and pretty good! We topped ours with sour cream and cilantro. Yum!"
"Easy and the right amount of flavor."