Black Bean Chicken with Rice
This family favorite only requires a few ingredients, so it's easy to fix on a weeknight. —Molly Newman, Portland, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total: 25 min.
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken. In a
- large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in
- oil on both sides. Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook
- over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup rice equals 400 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a