- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove chicken from pan; cut into slices. Serve with bean mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice
"Y husband and I really liked this. Easy to prepare and different from most chicken dishes I've prepared in the past."
"Tasty and easy - but lacking something. A suggestion here is sour cream that might help."
"Agree with previous reviews. Very good, healthy and easy."
"great seasoning for the chicken!! I left off the rice, but used the beans and corn. Very easy and delicious."
"Really easy and pretty good! We topped ours with sour cream and cilantro. Yum!"
"Easy and the right amount of flavor."
"VERY GOOD...and spicy. Lots of flavor and taste and easy to make."
"My family all enjoyed this. It's a great way to make a tasty chicken breast."
"This was good; however, very spicy."
"very spicy & flavorful"