Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two
“This favorite dish only requires a few ingredients, so it’s easy to fix on a weeknight.” Molly Newman - Portland, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken
- in oil on both sides. Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and
- cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°.
- Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup rice equals 391 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 32 g protein.