Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1. Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup rice equals 391 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.