“This favorite dish only requires a few ingredients, so it’s easy to fix on a weeknight.” Molly Newman - Portland, Oregon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two in Healthy Cooking
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review