- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two
Sort By :
Good spicy flavorful chicken! I used a medium salsa and it was just a tad bit spicy for my taste. Next time, I will use a mild salsa. It was easy to make as well
Awesome meal. Only used half the chili powder and it was perfect for the whole family!
This was good - nice & spicy. Forgot I didn't have corn so the salsa part wasn't that great without it. Just baked chicken in the oven and made the salsa separately.
This is one of my favorites. Fast & easy and taste great.
Quick, easy and tasty.