A refreshing mix of beans, garden veggies and chicken is tossed with a light lime vinaigrette in this satisfying salad that's sure to be a winner on hot summer days! Jean Ecos of Harland, Wisconsin shared the recipe.
Featured In: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cheese. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p61
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"This is such a great salad, great when summer vegetables are in season"
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2010
"This was very refreshing and the dressing was very good. The prep work took quite a long time; but it was well worth it!"
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2010