Black Bean-Chicken Quesadillas
My husband loves these quesadillas! You can easily modify the recipe by using different meats and cheeses. —Christy Bounds, Canton, Mississippi
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion
- powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8
- minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese
- mixture over four tortillas. Layer with chicken mixture and
- remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon
- oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using
- additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream,
- salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 638 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,466 mg sodium,