My husband loves these quesadillas! You can easily modify the recipe by using different meats and cheeses. —Christy Bounds, Canton, Mississippi
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over four tortillas. Layer with chicken mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean-Chicken Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p24
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean-Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review