Black Bean Cakes Recipe
“These vegetarian patties are absolutely delicious and topped with a corn salsa,” says Barbara Nowakowski of Mesa, Arizona. “It’s one recipe your family will request often.”
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork. Stir in the egg white, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in batches in oil for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the corn, salsa and remaining cilantro; spoon over cakes. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 264 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Black Bean Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC