Black Bean Burritos Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free tortillas and reduced-fat cheddar cheese; calculated without salsa) equals 288 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Black Bean Burritos
"Very quick and easy. I added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning to the bean mixture while it was heating. Really added enough zip."
"Easy, fast, and great for a meatless Monday dinner."