Black Bean Burritos
"My neighbor and I discovered these delicious low-fat burritos a few years ago," writes Angela Studebaker of Goshen, Indiana. "On nights my husband or I have a meeting, we can have a satisfying supper on the table in minutes."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and
- green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the
- cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and
- roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free tortillas and reduced-fat cheddar cheese; calculated without salsa) equals 288 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.