"My neighbor and I discovered these delicious low-fat burritos a few years ago," writes Angela Studebaker of Goshen, Indiana. "On nights my husband or I have a meeting, we can have a satisfying supper on the table in minutes."
Recommended: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Burritos in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p11
Reviews forBlack Bean Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
"Very quick and easy. I added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning to the bean mixture while it was heating. Really added enough zip."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
"Easy, fast, and great for a meatless Monday dinner."