Black Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place beans in a large microwave-safe bowl; mash lightly. Stir in the chilies, onion, peppers, oil, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 25-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Burritos(4)
Sort By :
Very good. We didn't have any Monterey Jack on hand, so I used cheddar and pepper jack and it was quite tasty. Super fast and easy.
wonderful flavor. i added 1/4 c. chopped tomato and served them on multigrain flat bread.
What wonderful flavors in this recipe. I am not a big vegetarian but I really enjoyed how filling this recipe was. An added bonus was the easy clean up.
Husband said these are definite keepers! I admit, they had a fantastic flavor and I loved that it was quick and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >