Black Bean Burritos
My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas;
- spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides
- and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 16
Try this easy fried ice creamscoop 1/2 cup balls of vanilla ice cream into muffin cups, freeze for 15 minutes. Roll in crushed cinnamon-toast-flavored sweetened cereal. Cover and freeze. When ready to serve, place each ice cream ball in a serving dish; drizzle with warmed honey.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium,