"My neighbor and I discovered these delicious low-fat burritos a few years ago," writes Angela Studebaker of Goshen, Indiana. "On nights my husband or I have a meeting, we can have a satisfying supper on the table in minutes."
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Burritos in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p11
Reviews for Black Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
"Very quick and easy. I added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning to the bean mixture while it was heating. Really added enough zip."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
"Easy, fast, and great for a meatless Monday dinner."