You’d never guess these rich, velvety chocolate treats contain a can of black beans. —Kathy Hewitt, Cranston, Rhode Island
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the beans, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add the eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Black Bean Brownies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p62
Reviews for Black Bean Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review