Black Bean Brownies
You’d never guess these rich, velvety chocolate treats contain a can of black beans. —Kathy Hewitt, Cranston, Rhode Island
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the beans, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil in a food processor;
- cover and process until blended. Add the eggs, brown sugar, cocoa,
- vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium,