Black Bean Brownies Recipe
You’d never guess these rich, velvety chocolate treats contain a can of black beans. —Kathy Hewitt, Cranston, Rhode Island
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the beans, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add the eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 brownie equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Black Bean Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC