Black Bean Bow Tie Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until garlic is tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor, add 1/4 cup black beans, cilantro, lime juice, oil, tomato paste, oregano and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in the pasta, zucchini, peppers, onion and remaining beans; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
Will most certainly make this again. Love it!
Love this salad! I added cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, plus a little Italian seasoning.
I tweaked this a bit and added salsa, cumin and chili powder...it was delicious.
I was not thrilled with this recipe. In addition, it takes much longer than 15 minutes to fix.
This was delicious. I made it with whole wheat pasta to add to the nutrition value. This is a great side dish to chicken. I'll definitely make it again. In fact, I am taking it to work tomorrow, for a holiday celebration.