Black Bean Bow Tie Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until garlic is tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor, add 1/4 cup black beans, cilantro, lime juice, oil, tomato paste, oregano and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in the pasta, zucchini, peppers, onion and remaining beans; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
"Will most certainly make this again. Love it!"
"Love this salad! I added cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, plus a little Italian seasoning."
"I tweaked this a bit and added salsa, cumin and chili powder...it was delicious."
"I was not thrilled with this recipe. In addition, it takes much longer than 15 minutes to fix."
"This was delicious. I made it with whole wheat pasta to add to the nutrition value. This is a great side dish to chicken. I'll definitely make it again. In fact, I am taking it to work tomorrow, for a holiday celebration."