- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1-1/3 cups chopped avocados
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Avocado Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p14
Reviews for Black Bean Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2010
"I make this to eat with chips leaving out the cucumber and increasing the chopped tomatoe. I increase the lime juice to 1 tbs. My son's favorite"
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2010
"I did not use the jalapeno pepper so I added a little fat free Zesty Italian dressing in it."