Black Bean and Corn Tacos Recipe
We eat meatless meals a few times a week, so I replaced the beef with nutty brown rice to bulk up these tacos. I also like to swap rice for quinoa. —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, taco seasoning, lime juice and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; heat through.
- 2. Spoon bean mixture into taco shells. Top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 423 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC