We eat meatless meals a few times a week, so I replaced the beef with nutty brown rice to bulk up these tacos. I also like to swap rice for quinoa. —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, taco seasoning, lime juice and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; heat through.
- Spoon bean mixture into taco shells. Top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Corn Tacos in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p59
Reviews for Black Bean and Corn Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review