- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, taco seasoning, lime juice and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; heat through.
- Spoon bean mixture into taco shells. Top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean and Corn Tacos
Sort By :
"Although I modified this recipe a bit, I am still giving this version five stars. Instead of tomatoes, I used salsa and adjusted the seasoning accordingly. I was surprised that the cabbage worked so well in this dish. It assumed the flavor of the seasonings, so it wasn't overwhelming. We enjoyed this dish, and I plan to make it again."