Even folks who normally don't care for black beans will find this fresh dish delicious. With its contrasting colors and wonderful cumin dressing, this salad is a great addition to any meal.—Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red or cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until well blended. Add the beans, corn, onion and red pepper; toss well. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Corn Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p41
Reviews for Black Bean and Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2016
"Delicious, made no changes."
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2015
"This salad was great! I just made two changes, I used half the amount of onion and I broiled the corn in the oven until it had a little bit of char marks."