Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red or cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until well blended. Add the beans, corn, onion and red pepper; toss well. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Corn Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p41
Reviews for Black Bean and Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
This salad was very popular with friends who came to over. We ate it as a salad, and later in the day with tortilla chips like salsa. With the few remaining leftovers, I plan to make soup with leftover chunked chicken breasts and chopped tomatoes!