- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Black Bean and Chicken Soup
"I loved this soup !! It was very easy to prepare and had a wonderful flavor. This is a keeper !!"
"Best soup recipe ever,, today was the fourth time we have made it,, we first used it back in September /12. UUU MMM Good"
"This soup is really good. Both times I've made it, I haven't had lime juice so I haven't put that in but otherwise, it's delicious. It freezes well, too. I have a seal-a-meal that gets daily use and this is one of the things I use it for. I only make half a batch at a time but it's just my daughter and me so there are left overs and I always freeze them. The first time I wondered if the beans would get weird in the freezer but they didn't. They stayed really nice. Last night when I made it, I added a can of corn and that was really good, too."
"I didn't like black beans till I saw this recipe. It has become a family favorite. I make it as often as possible when I need something quick. YUM"
"it was ok"
"A staple in our house. For a richer flavor I use home made chicken broth."