Just a handful of ingredients add up to one of our family’s favorites. Also easy to double for company! —Susan Brown, Kansas City, Kansas
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and/or salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- Spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Beef Tostadas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p59
Reviews for Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2011
"This was very easy and delicious!"