Black Bean and Beef Tostadas Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and/or salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- 2. Spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tostadas (calculated without toppings) equals 390 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
"I have fixed this several times and hubby an I really like it. It's fast and easy to fix. It's great for a busy night. Pair this with a salad and you are good to go."
"This recipe was very good and easy to throw together. Used ground turkey, added taco seasoning to meat mixture and spicy refried beans to spice it up!"
"This was very easy and delicious!"