Black Bean and Beef Tostadas Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and/or salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- 2. Spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tostadas (calculated without toppings): 390 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 12g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
"This was very easy and delicious!"