- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and/or salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- Spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Beef Tostadas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p59
Reviews for Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
This recipe was very good and easy to throw together. Used ground turkey, added taco seasoning to meat mixture and spicy refried beans to spice it up!
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2011
This was very easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >