Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas Recipe
Black beans partner up with spinach and corn in these easy and satisfying quesadillas from Susan Franklin of Littleton, Colorado.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup beans with a fork.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in corn, cumin, chili powder, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- 3. Spread each of four tortillas with about 1/2 cup bean mixture; sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
4 wedges equals 358 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC