Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas Recipe
Black beans partner up with spinach and corn in these easy and satisfying quesadillas from Susan Franklin of Littleton, Colorado.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup beans with a fork. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the corn, chili powder, cumin, mashed beans and remaining beans; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- 2. Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spread each with a rounded 1/2 cup of bean mixture. Sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons of cheese; top with another tortilla. Repeat.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
4 wedges equals 358 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC