- 1 pound uncooked chorizo, casings removed, or spicy bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the chorizo, onion, poblanos and jalapenos over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chorizo is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, beans, stock and spices; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in lime juice. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Black Bean, Chorizo & Sweet Potato Chili
Sort By :
"Great recipe! But instead of a salsa sauce , I use a chipotle aioli sauce and top it off with crumbled feta cheese ! Delicious !"
"This is very good! I ran out of time to make salsa, but the tomatoes are great without salsa. Look forward to trying with salsa."
"Sounds great. Will try this soon. eggyfarts love name you go by. Very original."
"Very nice-also Fuddge-what does butter bread have to do with tomaotes???"
"THIS IS ABSOLUTY WONDERFUL.I AGREE I LIKE THE CORN FLAKES BETTER THAN THE CORN MEAL, ALTHOUGH I EAT BOTH.AS TO WHAT IS BUTTER BREAD, MY FATHER SIMPLY OVER BUTTERED HIS BREAD AND IT WAS BUTTER BREAD. I KNOW AN ELDERLY LADY WHO ALWAYS BUYS BUTTER BREAD, FROM A CERTAIN BAKERY , I ASK HER WHAT IS BUTTER BREAD, AND SHE SAID, IT'S A LOAF OF WHAT THE BAKERY CALLS HOMEMADE BREAD BUT SHE ALWAYS CALLED IT BUTTER BREAD,BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HER MOTHER IN SCOTLAND CALLED IT."