With three hungry boys in my house, dinners need to be quick, filling and it helps to get in some veggies, too. This one is a favorite because it's hearty and fun to tweak with different ingredients. mdash;Kim Van Dunk, Caldwell, NJ
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale (tough stems removed)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Lime wedges, optional
- Additional sweet chili sauce, optional
- Place rice, garlic salt and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; saute sweet potato 8 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until potato is tender, 4-6 minutes. Add kale; cook and stir until kale is tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Gently stir chili sauce and remaining oil into rice; add to potato mixture. If desired, serve with lime wedges and additional chili sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean & Sweet Potato Rice Bowls in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Reviews for Black Bean & Sweet Potato Rice Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review