My daughter’s college asked parents for a favorite healthy recipe to use in the dining halls. This quinoa fits the bill. —Lindsay McSweeney, Winchester, Massachusetts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, celery and seasonings; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in stock and corn; bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add beans and 1/3 cup cilantro; heat through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean & Corn Quinoa in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, pjls
Reviews for Black Bean & Corn Quinoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review