Black-and-White Bean Salad Recipe
This zippy bean salad goes perfectly with a barbecued meal and is also great for a buffet or potluck. Best of all, it can be prepared in no time.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet red or yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 111 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC