This zippy bean salad goes perfectly with a barbecued meal and is also great for a buffet or potluck. Best of all, it can be prepared in no time.
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet red or yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black-and-White Bean Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p55
Reviews for Black-and-White Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review