Black-and-White Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet red or yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black-and-White Bean Salad(3)
Sort By :
Really needs to sit overnight. I wasn't crazy about this as a salad but love it as a bean dip with Nachos. Also from WV so we used ramps instead of green onions.
I tried this for the first time and my guests went wild over it. It's a sure fire winner.
My family loved this salad, though I tweaked it a bit. I added an avocado, skipped the vinegar and added 2 TBS. of ranch dressing instead. Sue-Kat