Black-and-Blue Pizzas Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips or 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Roll dough into two 16-in. x 10-in. rectangles; transfer to ungreased baking sheets and build up edges slightly.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning; cook chicken in the drippings until no longer pink. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- 3. Spread sauce over crusts; top with chicken mixture, bacon, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle with blue cheese, basil and thyme; top with provolone and Parmesan cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (12 pieces each).
1 piece equals 263 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.