Black and Blue Cobbler Recipe
It never occurred to me that I could bake a cobbler in my slow cooker until I saw some recipes and decided to try my favorite fruity dessert recipe. It took a bit of experimenting, but the tasty results are "berry" well worth it. -Martha Creveling, Orlando, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread the batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; immediately pour over batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- 3. Turn cooker off. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC