Black 'n' White Pistachio Bark
You need only four basic ingredients to whip up this sweet and nutty treat. Sized right for two, it's an easy way to satisfy a sweet tooth. You could also double or triple the recipe if you want to have more candy on hand for the holiday season.—Louise Delozier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios, toasted, divided
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a small microwave-safe
- bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup
- pistachios and cranberries. Spread in a thin layer on prepared
- baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls over chocolate layer. Cut through with a knife to
- swirl. Sprinkle with the remaining pistachios. Chill until firm.
- Break into pieces. Yield: 3/4 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 ounces) equals 475 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.