Whenever it's my turn to make dessert for our local fire department auxiliary meeting, I always get requests to bring this delicious recipe.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumbs into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg and condensed milk; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or until completely chilled. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Black 'n' White Cheesecake Bars in Country Extra November 1997, p51
Reviews for Black 'n' White Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review