- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in oats and
- coconut. Add butter and milk. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the
- oven. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate; cool slightly. In
- a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until
- well blended. Beat in the chocolate mixture. Combine the flour,
- baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in
- walnuts. Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the first four frosting ingredients until
- smooth and creamy. Spread over bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.