Black 'n' Blue Berry Crumb Pie Recipe
Here’s a very simple recipe for a mouthwatering, fresh pie that features two kinds of berries and is simply delicious! The brown-sugar crumb topping adds buttery old-time crunchiness and flavor to this summery dessert classic. Thanks to Linda Palmer in Greenville, Ohio for the recipe.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine blackberries and blueberries. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; sprinkle over berries and toss gently. Pour into crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC