Black 'n' Blue Berry Crumb Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine blackberries and blueberries. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; sprinkle over berries and toss gently. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black 'n' Blue Berry Crumb Pie(6)
Sort By :
This is so good! I'm wondering, what I did wrong after reading other comments on the pie being watery. Mine was perfect. I did use my own homemade crust and 1 t cornstarch. But those were the only changes.
I didn't try out this recipe yet.. but one of my favorite desserts to make is a peach cobbler. It uses two large cans of peaches and 6 Tbsp of tapioca. Using the whole box of tapioca would be too much.
I read the reviews before making this pie and it has a wonderful flavor. I cut the butter for the topping back to 3 Tb spoon and added 1 Tb spoon of minute Tapioca, there was a little juice in the bottom next time I will add more Taioca. I wonder what a box of Tapioca pudding would do for this pie?
Great taste, however, it turned out more like soup. I read the comment and added more cornstarch, but this did not help. It would be wonderful if someone could tell us how to make this pie right, because it sure tastes great but I will not make it again until I know how to get it to set right.
I've made this twice and love the taste. However, it does not set firm enough. I've tried doubling the cornstarch but still turns out watery. Any suggestions?
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >